Are you a person who does everything differently and people are used to expecting unique actions from you? Convince your partner and get married on a cruise! Here are some tips for a cruise wedding:
Contrary to the belief, the ship captains do not have the right to perform marriage ceremony.
- For the captain to perform a wedding, he must be a judge, a justice of peace, a minister or an officially recognized officiant like a notary public.
- Most weddings on cruises take place either at the port of departure or in a port along the way.
- You can have your romantic wedding aboard ship while it is docked in a port. You need to follow the port's requirements for such a wedding. All cruise lines offer this option.
Check Out Our Featured Products
- Obtain a marriage license for the location where the ship will be docked for your marriage. Ask your travel agent or the cruise company for tips on how to do this.
- It is the requirement of all the cruise lines that once in port, you will need to leave the ship, swear before a judge that everything is correct with the previously prepared paperwork, then go back to the ship for your wedding ceremony.
- If you want to renew your wedding vows again at sea, you need to show the proof of your marriage to the captain of the ship.
- A Cruise West captain can officiate your wedding within Alaska waterways, if the captain obtains a temporary permit to perform your wedding.
- Some states permit the usage of a marriage license from elsewhere, you can check with the county clerk on this practice.
- You need not arrange separately for a honeymoon if you are planning a wedding on the cruise because you are essentially married while honeymooning.
- The cruise companies offer many wedding packages including a notary, witnesses, cake, flowers, and champagne, so get a good deal and negotiate with the cruise line.
- There are many cruise lines - Carnival, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian Cruise Line and Windjammer Barefoot Cruise. Do a search online to find out more.
- Book a cruise well in advance because many cruise lines are booked for the next 18 months.
- Ask your regular travel agent to recommend the cruise line that will meet your taste and class.
- Be sure to check that a photographer and videographer are included in the package offered by the cruise line of your choice. If not, insist on having them.
Have a romantic wedding and a great honeymoon. Visit the following site to learn more about cruise lines http://www.cruise-information-center.com/default.htm